LEED EBOM Hotel San Francisco
LEED EBOM Hotel San Francisco Summary:
This LEED EBOM Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco near the Financial District, Union Square, and Chinatown. At 10 stories, the 68,000-square-foot building includes 104 guestrooms and a restaurant. This is one of San Francisco’s greenest hotels and one of the very first to earn LEED-EB (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design for Existing Buildings) certification, and is recognized as a certified green business by the San Francisco Department of the Environment.
LEED EBOM Hotel Process:
Healthy Building Science was contracted in 2013 to assist senior management in pursuing LEED EBOM Hotel certification. As details of management systems and existing policies and procedures became apparent, it was clear the owners and management team took sustainability seriously.
HBS helped set owner goals and do a feasibility analysis to determine what level of certification was possible. Policy reviews and data logging during the performance period helped confirm that the existing hotel was already leaps and bounds ahead of most competitors. The project was in the Performance Period and achieved LEED Gold certification.
LEED EBOM Hotel San Francisco Highlights:
- Integrated Pest Management & Landscape Management Plan
- Whole building and sub metering for water consumption
- Water conserving indoor fixtures
- Energy Star Rating of 79
- Sustainable Purchasing Policies for
- Durable goods
- Reduced mercury in lamps
- Solid Waste Management Plan with ongoing tracking
- Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- Superior Green Cleaning Policies covering every aspect in EBOM