6 Tips for Water Quality and Water Testing
6 Tips for Water Quality and Water Testing:
- Source matters! One of the most important variables in water quality is the source. Does the water come from an open water source like a lake or reservoir? Is it treated and delivered to a site via the municipal or county water service? Or is it a spring or well onsite? Each of these sources come with their own unique pros and cons.
- Piping matters! Another important variable is how water is transported within the building. There are different concerns between galvanized, copper and plastic piping.
- “Lead-Free” isn’t “Lead-Free.” What? That’s right. If you really want lead-free solder you have to specify “100% lead-free.”
- People are exposed to more chlorine byproducts via inhaling steam during bathing than drinking water throughout the day. Strange fact that leads many toward whole-house water filtration.
- In order to properly specify a water filtration system you need to know the following: source water, volume of water use, intended use of water (e.g., drinking, bathing, irrigation), and water quality parameters such as how hard the water is, heavy metal levels, bacteriological contamination, etc. Without these variables you may not get the right water filtration system.
- Healthy Building Science offers water quality testing, filter specification and installation, as well as regular water filter replacement services.
Water Testing may include DIY or Water Expert Services
We have published our own position statement on water filtration. For more information regarding our recommendations for water purification systems please visit that position statement.
If you have any questions about water quality testing or want to speak with a water expert, please
Call 415-785-7986 or Complete This Online Form for a Water Testing Quote
Why Water Testing
Who is Healthy Building Science?
Environmental Testing Services at HBS
Sign up for our Quarterly newsletter
Sign Up For Newsletter
We value your privacy.
Your email is never shared or sold.